Student & Young Proffessionals Track
Best Paper Competitions
Presenting authors who meet requirements of S&YP and are aged below 35 are invited to participate in the S&YP best paper competition. Please mark your paper for the competition when defining presenting author's data. For details of S&YP requirements please refer to: IEEE Industrial Electronics Society - Activity Day and IEEE Industrial Electronics Society - Paper Travel Assistance.
The S&YP best paper competition requires to prepare three minutes video. Please read rules of 3M video.
Submitted 3M videos:
- Optimal Fractional Order PI Controller for Field Oriented Current Control of Switched Reluctance Motor by Noman Shabbir, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Heat Pump Induction Motor Faults Caused by Soft Starter Topology - Case Study by Karolina Kudelina, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- IoT Based Tools for Data Acquisition in Electrical Machines and Robotics by Hadi Ashraf Raja, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Identification of mechanical parameters in servo-drive system by Rafal Szczepanski, Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
- Global path planning for mobile robot based on Artificial Bee Colony and Dijkstra's algorithms by Presenting author: Rafal Szczepanski, Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
The Best Ambassador of Power Electronics & Motion Control Competition
It is our pleasure to invite PEMC participants and undergraduate students to a competition that will take place during PEMC 2020.
The competition will take place under the IEEE IES Student and Young Professionals track during the conference. The event titled „The Best Ambassador of Power Electronics & Motion Control” aims to invite and encourage younger people to study and work in the profession of electrical engineering. The event will be divided into two independent tracks: the first one dedicated to undergraduate students whereas the second one to both graduate students and young professionals participating in the conference.
One team of up to five undergraduate students from an university can participate in the competition. The event targets students that are not participating in the PEMC in any other form. All teams will be invited to the conference free of charge. The invitation to a number of selected universities has already been sent.
Graduate Students, Postdocs
Teams will be composed of volunteers wishing to participate in the competition that are considered as "Young Professionals" - IEEE Young Professionals is the group of IEEE members and volunteers who are aged below 35.
Volunteers wishing to participate in the event are invited to declare their willingness sending an e-mail to by April 19th 2021. The competition aims to bring up closer people from different research institutions and of various experience. The number of people in each team depends on the total number wishing to participate.
The challenge is held under the same theme for both groups: „How would you encourage and inspire young people to progress towards studying industrial electronics and related subjects?”.
Participants can relate to their own experience, passion and knowledge. All teams should create a short video up to 3 minutes long, but shorter are welcome as well. Videos should be uploaded to YouTube and the deadline for uploading is April 26th 2021 at 9:00 am (UTC+2).
Further, detailed instructions and ideas will be spread to participants during S&YP Opening Session.
IEEE IES Student & Young Professionals Activity general ideas: Click to download