List of special sessions
- SS1: Mobile Robotics
Session organizers:Prof. Anton Rassolkin (), Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia,
Prof. Galina L. Demidova (), ITMO University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- SS2: Superconducting machines and energy converters
Session organizers:Prof. Jean Léveque (), GREEN - Université de Lorraine, France,
Dr. Kevin Berger (), GREEN - Université de Lorraine, France
- SS3: Wireless Power Transfer
Session organizer:Prof. Alon Kuperman (), Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- SS4: Multilevel Inverters: New Topologies, Advanced Modulation Schemes and Applications
Session organizers:Mr. A Rakesh Kumar (), National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India,
Dr. Sanjeevikumar Padmanaban, (), Aalborg University, Esbjerg, Denmark
- SS5: Efficient DC-DC Converters with Smart Control for More Electric Vehicles and Renewable Energy Configurations
Session organizers:Mr. Partha Sarathi Subudhi (), Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India,
Dr. Sanjeevikumar Padmanaban (), Dept of Energy Technology, Esbjerg, Aalborg University, Denmark
- SS6: Power Electronic Systems for Efficient and Sustainable Energy Supply
Session organizers:Prof. Dmitri Vinnikov (), Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia,
Prof. Mariusz Malinowski (), Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- SS7: Machine Learning in Power Electronics Systems
Session organizer:Prof. Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa (), Electrical Eng. Department, Technical Institute, University of Toulouse, LAAS-CNRS, France
- SS8: Fault Diagnosis and Fault-Tolerant Control in Power Electronics, Drives and Renewable Energy Systems
Session organizers:Prof. Demba Diallo (), Université Paris-Saclay, CentraleSupélec, CNRS, France,
Prof. Zheng Wang (), School of Electrical Engineering Southeast University, Nanjing, China,
Prof. Teresa Orlowska-Kowalska (), Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland.
- SS9: Advanced Electrical Machines, Power Converters and Drive Technologies for Oceanic Wave and Wind Power Generation
Session organizers:Dr. Md Rabiul Islam (), School of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering, University of Wollongong, Australia,
Dr. Yi Liu (), Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China.
Call for special sessions
Special sessions are planned to be organized on highly specialized topics that are not included in the conference tracks. Prospective organizers of such sessions are invited to submit session proposal to the Conference secretariat for acceptance. They must follow the rules established by the conference committees.
Send kindly your proposal to the SS chair (Prof. Viliam Fedak, ) and copy to the secretariat ().
The deadline for special sessions proposal is extended by 31.01.2020.
IEEE IES Rules for Special Sessions organization within the IEEE-PEMC Conference
- Special Sessions are intended to attract contributions in emerging or specific topics, not reflected in regular tracks, within the conference's scope.
- The Special Session organizers are responsible for the advertisement and promotion of the special session and the conference.
- Once a Special Session proposal is approved, its organizers must invite prospective authors and handle the review process. SS must consist of papers from at least three different institutions. At least 6 papers from two or more different countries should be accepted by session organizers.
- The following requirements also apply to Special Sessions: An individual cannot be (co-)author of more than two papers submitted to the same Special Session. The authors of the SS have a special track, with the name of their SS in the submission system.
- The organizers are responsible as well for managing the review process. Each paper should obtain at least two reviews.
- The final decision for the acceptance will be taken by the IEEE – PEMC 2020 Program Committee based on recommendations provided by Special Session organizers.
- Achieving at least 6 accepted papers, the Special Session will be considered successful (and, as such, included in the program). If a Special Session achieves less than 6 accepted papers, it may be cancelled and the papers moved to regular technical tracks or to other Special Sessions.
- The papers are required to meet the same standards as IEEE – PEMC 2020 papers and will be published in the conference proceedings, available on IEEE Xplore.
- Organizers of successful Special Sessions (as defined below) must register for and attend the conference, and chair the corresponding sessions.
- One complimentary full registration will be provided to successful Special Session.
The above rules were prepared on basis of the IEEE IES IES CONFERENCES POLICIES AND GUIDELINES, the document IES CONFERENCES MANAGEMENT AND AWARENESS
(approved by IES AdCom Meeting, Cairns, Australia, 06/16/2018)
IEEE-PEMC 2020 Special Session Chair
Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia.